Makes 4 individual pizzas
2 cups reduced fat mozzarella cheese
2 cups riced cauliflower (grate the raw cauliflower on a cheese grater or in a food processor)
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fresh julienned basil
1 cup marinara sauce (1/4 cup per pizza)
1 zucchini, thinly sliced & roasted
1 yellow zucchini, thinly sliced & roasted
Basil Ricotta (see recipe below)
1 cup ricotta (low fat)
1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
Pinch salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
– Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray.
– In a medium bowl, combine riced cauliflower, basil, eggs and mozzarella and set aside until ready to use. Divide into 4 amounts and press evenly on the parchment paper.
– Bake the crusts at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until “golden brown”.
– Remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
– Add sauce to each pizza.
– Then add toppings: sliced zucchini and sliced onions. For maximum tastiness, I recommend roasting these in the oven beforehand.
– Drop a teaspoon sized spoon-fulls of basil ricotta cheese on the vegetables and press down slightly on the ricotta to flatten.
– Place back in the oven until pepperoni looks crispy and cheese is melted a bit, about 5 – 10 minutes.